News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bodywork decals?

Started by theclowncrusty, November 15, 2011, 10:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theclowncrusty

Hi, can anyone tell me where i can get the shaded surround the above the headlights and just the little stripe that goes on the side panel of my 96 steamer?
World of triumph is listing the headlight surround as "not available" and it looks like you have to buy the tank decals to get the side panel ones?
Crusty

rybes

i had mine made up by a local sticker company crusty. not an exact copy aparantly the triumph ones are screen printed. i had to take along the panels so he could scan them but it turned out he had them on his pc. give a sticker company a ring n see what they say
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Sin_Tiger

Same her, local sticker maker made from my dimensions, pretty close to theoriginal. If you want I will ask them if they still have it on file and how much. The side stripe I got as part of a complete set from Bike Decals UK, I may still have the pic with dimensions that I sent them, pm me as a reminder.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

theclowncrusty

Cheers guys, i have a sticker pace down the raod, but might have to wait till i pick my blue Tigger up as that has all the missing decal that i need for the red one. Then i can ride that to the shop and hopfully get them sorted.
Crusty :)

Sin_Tiger

Hang fire there, I have a set of red plastics I purloined from Rob, if you can wait till the spring we might be able to work something out.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

theclowncrusty

Thanks for the kind offer Sin, but i think i am going to have to get the sides to match my bike. Sometime in the past it has been resprayed, (very well i might add) but now seems a deeper red than the earlier bikes with a bit of matallic in there just to fucked it up if i ever need it matching in the future.. LOL
Also the lettering seems to be different, black over grey so i think i will have to go with that, other red ones i have seen the "TIGER" on the tank is white with black shading. Tank cover i ordered came with a white "T" and "R" on it so i cut them off and had my own sewn on.
Would be up for a rideout when you are back over here.....
Crusty

Mustang

there were two different color reds on the steamers
"Pimento Red " and "Chili Red"

If memory serves me correctly the chili red ones had the black over grey lettering

theclowncrusty

Thanks Mustang, mine must be Chillie red then, deeper red than others i have seen, also decals are black over silver.
crusty

Sin_Tiger

Not sure what shade the bits I have are and can't recall what the decal colours are either, tucked up in the loft anyway  :wink:

Guessing you are up North then Crusty, not in your profile, lurk no more  :D

theclowncrusty

Hi Sin, i am in the West Midlands, I have updated my profile.
Spent yesterday evening in the gagrage. New rub block bracket made and welded on! What i thought was a too loose chain now seems a bit tight, will have to do a forum search to see what the correct adjustment is.
Hepco Becker engine guards fitted! What a bast to try and get those feckin nuts back on the engine mount bolts :shock: you need fingers like ET to get in there! Rox bar risers fitted!
And shorty levers that i bought ages ago from a link on here finally fitted!
Looks to be a nice dry day today, seems a shame not to take her out for a run? LOL
Crusty

Sin_Tiger

Go for it mate, chain will soon settle in  :wink:

P'ing down here  :cry:

Geoff W

Glad to hear that you fitted the engine bars, pleased they are being used.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

theclowncrusty

Hi Geoff,thanks for the kind comments. Except it wasnt me who bought your engine bars!! LOL I got mine from Germany via E-bay, brand new with full instructions (if you can read German that is?!) I got beat to the post on your bars as someone got in before me.
Crusty