News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Travel in Europe

Started by Chris Canning, November 28, 2011, 05:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

I've travelled Europe for the best part of 40 years,free of the constraints of speeding and Her Majestys law,slowly/sadly in recent years the noose is tightening,how many speed cameras I've seen in recent years I've lost count and set off!!!,fortunately still with no effect on us Brits and vice versa for Euro's coming here, BUT

Met a friend today who told me he got nicked for speeding in Switzerland a few months ago 800 Euro on the spot,and then went to court and fined another 400Euro sent in the post and a 6 month ban in Switzerland(oh dear  :roll: :D  ),as I pointed out still no points on his UK license  :D ,but I've no doubt will come in the end.

Enjoy it while you can!!

blacktiger

Quite true in that the Euros' are getting tough with speeders. I got done in Norway last year and the fine was £450 for 17kph over a 60 limit. We're quite lucky here in that the coppers have to be visible and we have bright yellow cameras. Over there, the buggers hide themselves away. Mind how you go.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

NKL

Yes but Switzerland hate all motorized transport, let alone speeding ones
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

yack_ass

I got my pictire taken in Liechtenstein (I'm guessing same as Switzerland) on a Sunday morning a year a go. Luckly i was close to the border.

Smart move is not to go there with my Tiger for a couple of years :D

800€ for speeding, that's just wrong.

oxnsox

Quote from: "yack_ass"800€ for speeding, that's just wrong.
But very Swiss
(You have to register pushbikes there too!!)
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~