News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone Interested in a group buy New BOS silencers for Steamers

Started by TigerWil, December 23, 2015, 09:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

When I take tigger out I do big miles. It's ok having loud cans if you are going for short blats on a ricer but if you're mile munching the less noise, buffet, vibration etc the better. Noise and vibration fatigue exists and can ruin a good trip. I'll stick with OEM even though they weigh a ton. But thanks   

TigerWil

The sound is not so bad in my opinion;

But completely understand that some stick to the OEM ones  :wheel

It might be the reason that the only company that made aftermarket silencers for the T400 is BOS  :nap
Been \"Down Under\"from Holland/Europe with my 3 mates on 3 Tigers 955 in oktober/november 2005 and drove 15.000 km in 8 weeks through the Red centre and the Westcoast of Australia ! See our website !

ssevy

I have a set of the TORs on my Legend, and when I took it to the track day last spring, it was wonderful to hear amongst the Ducatis. The TORs are pretty mellow when cruising, but really open up when you light it up. Still, I also prefer the quiet pipes on the Tiger, as it carries me for all day rides, and even with good earplugs, loud pipes really tire me out by the end of the day.
Could be why my Legend got less than 500 miles of love this riding season, and my Tiger got 10,860😉
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

I have two sets of aftermarket cans in the loft, one of those is from Motad who made the originals, what does that tell you?

My outfit has a set of Stainless (very close to original) copies, the PO thought they were too quiet and drilled the end plates  :icon_rolleyes: I carry some Panadol if I'm going to be riding for more than an hour.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

I got some Motad Venoms when my originals failed the yearly test with disintegrated baffles.
The Venoms, with the baffles in, keeping them Type Approved, have a slightly throatier sound than OEM, but without the baffles, they sound horridly loud.

Sparky

The BOS set is a little pricey for me right now.  I would like to try a set of aftermarket cans but they would have to be on the quiet end of the spectrum.

I got the old FT 500 running last year after about six years in the shed and the old Supertrapp with an open end cap and twelve disks was way too loud, can't believe I rode it like that before storage.  Ended up with a closed end cap, six disks and two sizes down on the main jet, still sounds good without the headache.
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

TigerWil

Ordered 2 sets today. If anyone is interested later on just let me know  :nap
Been \"Down Under\"from Holland/Europe with my 3 mates on 3 Tigers 955 in oktober/november 2005 and drove 15.000 km in 8 weeks through the Red centre and the Westcoast of Australia ! See our website !

TigerWil

First of the group buy BOS exhaust for the T400. The Spanish owner is very pleased with the sound. With DB killer is rather the same sound and without a deep sound but not to loud. Still a few available on request.  :thumbsup

TigerWil