News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pannier Mount Rubber Thingy

Started by pineygroveshop, August 02, 2011, 11:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineygroveshop

Hey Y'all,
I'm missing a rubber piece on the mount for one of the panniers.  This rubber spacer fits onto the "blade" that fits between the metal u-shaped bracket mounted to the front of the pannier.  The blade and rubber spacer's job is to keep the pannier from swinging outward.  You know what I'm talking about?
Anyone have a part number?
Cheers,
Stephen

KuzzinKenny

If its the rubber on the bit that bolts to the back of the rear footpeg, i don't think its a part you can buy on its own  :shock:
from the ...............

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.p ... ts_locator

it looks like a kit  :shock: time to mold some silicone  :lol:

KK

ps you don't say what year but i think they're all the same !!
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

pineygroveshop

Yes that is it.  Mine is a 2002.  Perhaps it is the same on a different model?  The rear brake switch rubber boot part number comes from a Sprint ST.
Cheers,
Stephen

pineygroveshop

I used my bandsaw and a Dremel on a hunk of rubber from a mallet and manufactured a new one.  Credit goes to someone else for the idea; but, I can't remember whose it was.
Cheers,
Stephen

BigDan

When I got mine, someone had cut a piece of hose pipe, put it on, then taped it up! Suits me fine :)
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

pineygroveshop

To clarify:

I made a new pannier spacer with the rubber mallet.  The rear brake boot I bought from the dealer.
Cheers,
Stephen

Neil1052

Quote from: "BigDan"When I got mine, someone had cut a piece of hose pipe, put it on, then taped it up! Suits me fine :)

Just noticed my pannier stop is missing !

Nice tip Dan, will raid the garage for some hose  :lol:
Thus bats rally quack