News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tire Disposal Options?

Started by topher0268, February 15, 2012, 05:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topher0268

Any of you change your own tires? What do you do with the disposed ones? I seem to be gathering an ever growing collection of old tires and tire shops of course want to charge a heavy fee for each to dispose. Any ideas? What do you do?
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

Rocinante

My local garbage plant has a container for just that.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

cosmo

I work at a car dealership. I just drop 'em off.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

MarkShelley

In the UK we also have this problem.
Our domestic waste sites will not take them and consequently they get dumped in the countryside. I phoned my local Council to ask what I should do and they were not very helpful. As luck would have it, there is a tyre recycling company not far from me who was willing to take them for a small fee. It seems rediculous that the local domestic waste recycling sites do not do the same.
This ole World keeps spinning round, it`s a wonder tall trees aint layin down.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid racing moped!
Yamaha DT50MX

Nick Calne

put them on a speed camera, fill with petrol and well.... become a folk hero.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

robxxxx

Somewhere, I still have one of those awful plastic Bridgestone's came off a 250N in 1980something.
I was gonna stick it on ebay, still got loads of tread on it. :wink:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "nickcalne"put them on a speed camera, fill with petrol and well.... become a folk hero.

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Yankee Dog

put them in a big black plastic trash bag and throw them out with the rest of your garbage.

daveb

I heard they were using old tyres reground to make road surfaces, children soft surfaces around parks etc.

but you need to find your local tyre recycling centre

new it was somewhere
http://www.tyrerecyclingsuccess.com/

Mustang

SERIUOSLY.................

why would you do anything else ?

Spud

Use them to grow Bonsi trees cheers Spud  :wink:

topher0268

Quote from: "daveb"I heard they were using old tyres reground to make road surfaces, children soft surfaces around parks etc.

but you need to find your local tyre recycling centre

new it was somewhere
http://www.tyrerecyclingsuccess.com/

YES that's what I'm looking for. I'm no tree hugger but to be honest I certainly don't mind shrinking my environmental footprint. HECK I think we'd all do it if ...

1. They had places we could take stuff
2. They didn't CHARGE us to take stuff they're going to make money on.

Make this stuff accessible and reasonable and people will use it ...
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)