News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replacing the plastic IACV<->TB hoses with auto air/va

Started by haroldo_psf, March 19, 2012, 09:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haroldo_psf

Can I do that? Is there any reason why I need the plastic hoses instead of good ol' air/vacuum hoses from the autoshop?

I noticed that the connection to the T.B. nipple had been cracked and repaired with glue (before I got the bike). I am sure there could be some air leaking there, and potentially contributing to poor idle control.

Any way, I just wanted to replace it with a non-plasitc hose, use a hose clamp, and off I ride to the sunset.

Any reasons why I shouldn't do that? (oh yeah, this is in prep to an upcoming 10000 miles ride to the arctic and back)
2000 Tiger 885i

steamer3

i guess they are corrugated plastic so they dont compress when engine is pulling air?

Bixxer Bob

The corrugation is to stop them kinking where they are bent quite tightly.  Vacuum hose works well, you just have to be careful not to kink it.  There's not much of a depression in there anyway so no danger of sucking the hose flat.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...