News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coolant Capacity Discrepancy

Started by FullMonte, March 14, 2009, 03:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoketriples

Well, I did first, read later, did again.  First I just put the new rad in, buttoned everything up, filled the overflow bottle, and figered she'd suck what she needed.

Idle about ten mins and gauge didn't move and fan didn't come on ...and bottle didn't drain, so i said ok this isn't right.  Engine didn't feel all that hot but its cool day and I had a fan running to blow exhaust out.

Took the small (middle) hose off the rad, hooked up another hose, poured coolant straight in there till that was done.  Ran about 15 mins at idle, gauge moved, fan didn't come on, so decided to read the forum.

Removed tank, filled directly with bleeder out.  Put cap back on, let bleeder perk a bit.  Reassembled all, refilled overflow.   15 mins at idle, fan comes on, gauge goes back down, called it good.

After coming back in I saw another post to open bleeder while engine running, that would be a right pain on an 00 (or I'd assume any Girly), so I'm not going back in there again.   I have nothing but 20 min rides to work planned for awhile anyway :).

Someone please track down the engineer that decided pulling the tank is a reasonable solution for getting to the radiator cap and coolant bleeder......
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

KiwiTIGERnOZ

Can someone please tell me if the coolant drain plug is supposed to have a spring washer underneath it? I put one on, don't think I was meant to...it was sitting on the garage flow.  :roll:
A Kiwi, lost in a country full of Roos and Wombats, on a Tiger...it\'s jungle out there.

iansoady

No it should have a copper one. Anneal it before putting it back.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

KiwiTIGERnOZ

thnx ian, no leaking now. bike back together, getting ready for this weekends big ride inter-state with 60 other riders. Dirt all the way!
A Kiwi, lost in a country full of Roos and Wombats, on a Tiger...it\'s jungle out there.