News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ignition live for relay fusebox?

Started by theclowncrusty, May 17, 2012, 11:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theclowncrusty

Hi all, does anyone have an idea which wire i can bridge into under the seat to run a relay powered fusebox for my extra farkles? Need a wire that is live only when the ignition is on to acivate the relay and send power through the fusebox i want to mount?
Crusty

rf9rider

If it`s any help, i took the  switched live for my volt meter from the brown wire that comes from the ignition switch.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 2758#82758

Mustang

the tail light wire is the one to grab under the seat , not the brake light  , the tail light is always on with key on , at least USA models are .

theclowncrusty

thanks rf9rider, i have saved and printed out that pic for future reference. Have got to take the iniginal barrell off this weekend as the bolts that secure it to the bottom of the yolk have come loose? First time i have ever has this on a bike? Strange but true. (welcome to the world of tigger....LOL)
Mark

theclowncrusty

Having spent most of the weekend in the garage doing some long neede TLC on my steamer, I took the ignition barrell off the yolks and totally stripped it down. cleaned and regreased it all, ( if you are thinking of doing this PLEASE for f#cks sake take some pictures of the bits as you take them apart, so you know which way round they go back together... LOL)
While i had the wiring off the bike i bridged into the brown wire and soldered on a length of wire, hopefully for my fusebox when i get around to sorting it.
Crusty