News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

(I found)Good radiator cap replacement

Started by fnjeep314, June 07, 2012, 01:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fnjeep314

So as I was reading about a good quality replacement radiator cap other than the super expensive and long wait time OEM cap, I noticed Cosmo's post in the part's cross reference post:

Quote from: "cosmo"I work at a Nissan dealer, so Nissan part numbers:

Oil filters: short: 15208-65F0C
long: 15208-9E000

Radiator cap, 1.1 bar: 21430-1P111

H4 h'lite bulb: 26294-9B90B

Cosmo

So I ordered one up. It took only 2 days to arrive and the dealer is half the distance from my closest Triumph dealer. Here are some pics for your conclusion. They look exactly the same. No idea what kind of car the cap is from, but the part number is a good one.

I also flushed out my coolant system for the 3rd time in 6 months trying to get all the rust sludge crap out of the system. I removed the hose that attaches to the downward facing port of the radiator and the drain screw on the side of the block. I also took off the radiator cap and bleed screw and ran a hose with good water pressure through the hose that flushed out the water pump and came out the drain screw in the block. I got a lot out there. Then I attached the hose to the port on the radiator and it too flushed out a lot of junk that was in the system from before. I had never gone this in-depth on a flush, but I am glad I did. I slowly filled up with Engine Ice. The bike was hot when I flushed everything out and so the fill up was a complete one. But like most debates, it only took 1.89L(1/2 gal container), not the 2.95L that the book says. The system is totally full. I guess I will just keep an eye on it.
I do things!