News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Electrex World Stator Alternator G75

Started by HockleyBoy, June 19, 2012, 10:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

Does anyone know if this stator comes ready to fit with the grommet fitted and the connector attached so that it is just plug and play.

Electrex world seem unable to tell me?????????
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"Does anyone know if this stator comes ready to fit with the grommet fitted and the connector attached so that it is just plug and play.

Looks from this that it comes supplied with the grommet 'pre-installed', but the connectors would need to be fitted by you :?  :?:

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/G75.html
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

ChazzyB

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"Does anyone know if this stator comes ready to fit with the grommet fitted and the connector attached so that it is just plug and play.

It didn't when when I put one in my 955 Tiger earlier this year. The grommet does come off the old one, without much agro. Cut the wires close to the grommet and pull them out one at a time. Heat it up a bit (hot water) and use a bit of lube (ooo err) (I used silicone dielectric grease) to slip the new wires through the holes. Trim leads to length, put spades on ends, insert into connector shell.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

HockleyBoy

Thanks, thats what I thought from looking at the picture but wasnt sure.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport