News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil leak

Started by fuzee666, July 16, 2012, 01:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzee666

I changed the oil and filter on my steamer this weekend and had it running for a while on its sidestand just to get it warmed up, I then see a small puddle of oil on the floor and looked like it was coming from the bottom of the clutch slave cylinder. I thought it was clutch fluid so I took it off and cleaned both the slave and master cylinder as the fluid looked like it had never been changed!! Built it all back up and bled it, all good for the first 5 mins then oil leak comes back and it's definitely engine oil. Is there any issues with oil leaks in that area?? Has anyone had this fault??

Cheers,
Les :D

Mustang

could well be the seal for the clutch pushrod , they are prone to leaking eventually .

drain oil
remove sprocket cover
replace seal for pushrod
reassemble

the next place it could be leaking is the oring seal on the alternator housing

you didnt overfill by any chance ?

fuzee666

No, didn't overfill, only seems to happen when bike is running on sidestand. Is the pushrod seal an easy job?

Mustang

re read my above post  :shock:

NeilD

may be worth turning the pushrod around (if it hasnt already been done  :) ) as they often wear just enough to not seal properly even with a new seal..

fuzee666

Can you turn the pushrod round without the worry of anything falling out?

Mustang

yep, but you still need a new seal if thats whats leaking............

fuzee666

That's fine, I got a new seal and casing gasket sent to me and came in the post today, so time to roll up me sleeves and crack on!!!! lol :D