News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Any plans for a western Canada get together this year?

Started by dj_squelch, February 24, 2012, 04:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj_squelch

I'm hoping to head west to AB or BC this year and would love to bump into a few other tiger riders along the way.

Was thinking of hitting Grande Prairie then down through the mountains then over to Red Deere.  But my plans are very loose so if there's anything going on that I could show up at I'd be willing to change things.

So anyone got any plans I can crash?

Putts255

Always interested in meeting another fellow Tiger rider.  

I am in Edmonton.  Still have not finalized my plans for the rides this summer yet.  

May be heading to Calgary, then west into BC for a week but no firm dates yet.  Maybe last week of June.  All depends on couple of the riding friends I have making it.  

Also trying to plan another week in July to Vancouver Island and then back again but cannot get my brother to commit yet.  Basically it will be a ride out, up the island then back again.  Lots of saddle time I hope.

Before you hit Edmonton shoot me a PM and I will do my best to hook up.

Paul
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

dj_squelch

Quote from: "Putts255"Always interested in meeting another fellow Tiger rider.  
Before you hit Edmonton shoot me a PM and I will do my best to hook up.

Will do sir!  I have no idea on dates. Depends on weather for me.

AK Tiger

I'm planning a ride up to Inuvik.  Should be passing through BC (though I could be talked into passing through Edmonton 8) ) mid-to-late June.  I'll then be returning to California late June to early July if you're interested in a run south.
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

Putts255

Well I have a firm commitment on my first family ATV / camping trip on the weekend of June 29 to July 2nd.  

I have buddy who may be flying in from Newfoundland on June 23rd who said he is looking into renting a bike so may head out for a few days with him as well.  

Either way give me a heads up would love to see ya all.  

AK, I used to live in Santa Maria when I was but a wee one...Pebble and Pismo Beach, and the remote control planes are what I remember most.
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

Jon KB

For a large group ride in September, check out the below link to advrider.com

The ride is titled "BC big adventure trail ride 2012" and is a continuation/offshoot of the BCBTR series.
Last year was BCBTR#6 and the originator/host announced he was out of the hosting game. So Lexluther11 is hosting this year.

The ride is open to everyone and all riding levels it will roughly be 75% off road and 25% on road. You will have a choice of camping or motel and a BBQ will be held on Saturday night Sept 8th with prizes to be drawn.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747592

Too many hobbies,
Not enough time
mailto:ttigerfoot@gmail.com\">ttigerfoot@gmail.com

DangerKitti

I am a new owner of an older Tiger, living in Grande Prairie.  Let me know if/when you are coming through town.  If i'm around we'll go for a ride!
1994 Tiger - Blue

dj_squelch

So I just moved to Whitecourt AB!  I guess that puts me right between Putts255 and Dangerkitti.  If I'm ever in either direction I'll hit ya up and if you folks ever go through Whitecourt toss me a PM and I'll buy ya a coffee!