News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Taken out by a chihauhau

Started by aeronca, August 13, 2012, 07:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

I commute 85 to 90 mile round trip on major highway's a day. I alway's fear thats where I'll either get hit, or hit something in the road and end up going down. Well, today was an exceptional day (weather wise), and I took a buch of back country roads on the way home. Well, coming up to a sharp corner, as I started slowing to around 30mph, a freakin chihauhau standing in the road charged me. I blew the horn, and started braking/down shifting and the little bastard ran right under the front tire, causing the bike to high side me to the left. after i got up, and picked the bike up, I looked around for an injured dog. but to my suprise - the little f**k stood there with 2 of his buddies yappin at me. I wanted to give the owners an earfull but never saw them. As for me, I lucked out, bruised hip, swollen knee, etc... thank god for good gear. the bike faired well also - a couple of broken peg's, scraped paint, turn signal. So all in all, it could have been a lot worse. 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

HockleyBoy

Good to hear you are ok and the bike isn't too bad. It isnt until something like that happens that you realise the money for good riding gear was well spent.
Animals running under your wheels are never a good thing, hit a rabbit once but stayed on somehow. Scared the s*^t out of me.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

Yup, animals can be a problem; on a bend, got a squirrel under the front  tyre.  Not a lot of grip on a squirrel...... :shock:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aeronca

Thanks for the well wishes. :D  soar today but getting around much better. time to start buying some parts. I think I'll stiffen up the front end. I've left it stock, and every one knows how squishy the stock forks were - lots of dive.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Nick Calne

Oh no. Just glad you are ok.  I'd have kicked the little fxxker into orbit.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "aeronca"Thanks for the well wishes. :D  soar today but getting around much better. time to start buying some parts. I think I'll stiffen up the front end. I've left it stock, and every one knows how squishy the stock forks were - lots of dive.

A good time for an upgrade, if your bike is better at the end of it, it wont have been all bad.  :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

JetdocX

Fookin' Chihuahuas!  Dog in a squirrel's body.  Glad you're OK.  Should'a returned one of those squirrel dogs to the owner via airmail. :twisted:
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Quote from: "nickcalne"Oh no. Just glad you are ok.  I'd have kicked the FUCKIN OWNER into orbit.
fixed it for ya
the dog doesn't know any better
they are like 3 year olds with ADD

aeronca

went by there last night to see if i could find the owners or the dogs, but no sign of anybody. im learning alot about motorcycle insurance, seems they dont cover much. Im on the hook for the fix, atleast it was only a couple of foot pegs, and turn signal. if i could find the owner and prove it was their dogs, then i might be able to get them to fix it, but its not looking good for that. ahhh screw it, not really a big deal i guess. maybe i'll post a pic of my knee :shock:  thanks again guys, i'll be up and running maybe next week(the bike that is :wink: )
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

Drag his deadbeat ass into small claims court!  Unless somebody shows him the err of his ways, he'll continue down the stupid path of life.  He's already neglecting two dogs.  He's a serial asshole.
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

What kind of man has a chihuhua anyhow? You really would have to be some kind of nob.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

aeronca

this happens even with all the gear on :shock:  could have been worse.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

asphalt is pretty unforgiving ....................

aeronca

got the new chain sliders on the swingarm and the left footpeg (thanks mustang). rode it in to work tonight and allis well. :D  thanks to everyone for all  the well wishes.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!