News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Paint a Tiger Tank

Started by knarf, January 24, 2005, 10:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knarf

I drop ma tiger a while ago  :-({|= , skidded on gravel when filtering (bloody gravel trucks near were I work  :evil: ).

So any ideas how I get my tank repainted, Its badly scrapped on the left side. A new tank is £420  :shock: , Just buying all the decal costs an amazing £130 (from Triumph).  I get get decal off the www for about £5. But anyone know a decent painter near west berkshire.
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning

GlenWatt

Why don't you see if there is a Bike Medic guy in your area.

http://www.carmedic.ltd.uk/bike_medic.htm

If not I know of one in the New Forest area whos really good.
Glen

Email - mailto:glen@watt.me.uk\">glen@watt.me.uk  

\"The Aussies call us Boring... we prefer World Champions\"

Chris Canning

I've seen several painted tanks,non matched the original and one of those was done by Dream Machine!!,personally i'd either try and by a secondhand one of e-bay or put a Baglux tank cover on it.

Chris

Badger

Quote from: "GlenWatt"Why don't you see if there is a Bike Medic guy in your area.

http://www.carmedic.ltd.uk/bike_medic.htm

If not I know of one in the New Forest area whos really good.

Must be talking about Clive (Muppet). Yes he is good and a nice guy to boot.
Growing Old Disgracefully

GlenWatt

Yes it was Clive I was talking about. He's done some good work for the VFR club owners I know.
Glen

Badger

Quote from: "GlenWatt"Yes it was Clive I was talking about. He's done some good work for the VFR club owners I know.

I was /am a member of the VFR owners club. Before the Tiger I had a VTEC and before that an Fi-W. I still meet up with them sometimes.
Growing Old Disgracefully

GlenWatt

Snap  :D

Small world isn't it. I think Big Al is on here too.
Glen

knarf

I love the smell of two strokes in the morning

Roy

Had a similar issue with an 02 Tiger Roulette Green.  Repainted with no blending problem.  Even replaced the tiger stripes with some made by a local sign and graffics shop.  The orginal paint is made by Standox a German company.

Roy