News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

twiddling my Tiger's nipples

Started by Bull, January 31, 2005, 08:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bull

I was topping up the pressure in my tyres this morning and the valve inside the stem on the front tyre must've come loose - because when I removed the air hose, the bugger was hissing.

So was I .....  "f*ck, f*ck, f*ck, etc....."    :evil:

A few minutes later, on topping up the back tyre, I noticed that the little nipple cover - or stem cap - call it what you will - was shaped on the outside end to perform as a valve tightener upper-er thingie.

I didn't know that before hand - so just thought I'd share.....
\"Inconsistency is the mark of genius.\"  Emerson

Clever init?

You can also get steel ones.

knarf

If you have a leaking valve putting a bit of vasline in the dust cap this will seal it for a while until you can get it tightened or replaced.

Asking round for some vasline on a bike meet can lead to some very interesting offers :?
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning

NortonCharlie

Your valve caps should have an o-ring in them or they are not suitable for the Tiger .  You will loose air if you use plain caps.  Stock caps and all the caps I have gotten with approved tubes have had o-rings.  Read your manual.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando