News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Owners Handbook for 2005 model

Started by Fross, September 04, 2012, 03:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fross

Hi, I have just bought a 2005 Tiger which didn't have its Handbook. Does anyone have a copy in PDF format that they could email to me? Or know where one can be downloaded from?
I used the bike for a camping trip last weekend, for a test run. Great to ride but it seems to missfire at arround 2k rpm? Worse when the engine is cold.
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

metalguru

PM sent
Could be a number of things and will need some more info, on the outset it sounds like an air leak or running weak if it is doing it from cold, need to first check convoluted pipes to the throttle bodies for fit and condition.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Fross

The bike has been unused for a couple of years. I fitted a new battery, it started up, I ran it round to use up the old fuel (which I suspected at first was the problem). But now it's had 3 full tanks of fuel burnt and still runs the same. It goes like a stink when throttles opened so doesn't seem too much wrong. I gave it a thrashing at the weekend to blow out the cobwebs but still it's the same at lower revs. I have not much history on the bike other than it is supposed to have had a full service when the previous owner bought it in 2009 (he only put 500 miles on the clock). It's now just gone over 9K miles (hardly run in).
After looking over all the great info on this site. I can see I need to check it over thoroughly. I was thinking of doing a valve clearance check and new plugs. But checking the pipes for air leaks seems an obvious thing to do first. I presume that'll be a tank off job?
I have a number of old classic bikes and do all my own maintenance and restoration stuff, so am not frightened to do the work, it's just this is the first bike I've owned that has an engine management system and fuel injectors. So I'm new to this "new technology" (yes I'm over 50). All help and advice will be appreciated. It does look like most subjects have been covered on this site (so long as I can find it by search). So please forgive me if I ask a question that's probably been asked many times before.
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.

vince

i've got the manual,handbook etc. on cd :hat10
i'm near southend on sea  :wave if thats any help :thumbsup
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Fross

Quote from: vince on September 04, 2012, 10:51:51 PM
i've got the manual,handbook etc. on cd
Thanks Vince, I've sent a PM to you. Check your 'Junk email box' thats where a PM sent to me went. Or contact me by PM from my profile.