News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dip beam questions

Started by MarkShelley, September 12, 2012, 09:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkShelley

I used my steamer in the dark for the first time this morning and discovered that neither headlight works on dip. It was dark when I got home just now so couldn`t investigate.
Two questions;-
Is dip supposed to work on both lamps?
Are the bulbs accessible without bodywork removal?
This ole World keeps spinning round, it`s a wonder tall trees aint layin down.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid racing moped!
Yamaha DT50MX

Mustang

by dip do you mean low beam ?
US models both are on whether it be low or high beam . UK models might not be so .

I find that headlight bulbs seem to blow out at a more frequent rate then other bikes I have owned .

you can replace the bulbs without having to remove body work ...........but it's a pain in the ass . far easier to pop off the front fairing .

MarkShelley

Quote from: Mustang on September 12, 2012, 09:37:51 PM
by dip do you mean low beam ?

I do indeed.
Strange how you chaps over there don`t use the correct names for things.
Trunks are not stotage areas in a car, they are the waggly bit at the pointy end of an elephant, and a fanny is not a posterior, it is something quite different.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Yamaha DT50MX

MarkShelley

Definately no need to remove any bodywork. Both bulbs swapped in 5 minutes max. Probably the easiest bulb swap I have ever done on a bike :thumbsup

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Yamaha DT50MX

audiododd

Quote from: MarkShelley on September 12, 2012, 11:19:54 PM

Strange how you chaps over there don`t use the correct names for things.
Trunks are not stotage areas in a car, they are the waggly bit at the pointy end of an elephant, and a fanny is not a posterior, it is something quite different.

LOL!  So true. I learned what a British fanny was while I was watching British TV late one night. A movie starring Roy "Chubby" Brown came on. I learned a LOT of slang that night. :-)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can\'t always be sure of their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln

PompeyLad

We euro steamers have both lights on, same as the US ones.
On the "fanny" issue. Should have seen my friends face when on a train in Florida, chatting to an older American woman who was telling him how her granddaughter has been working her fanny off. 

Geoff W

Completely off topic, but, many years ago when I lived in Newfoundland I remember seeing a sign in an outdoor shop. " NOW IN STOCK, FANNY PACKS".  it took me a while and much amusement to find out that these were "bum-bags".
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.