News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fork oil tool?

Started by benebob, November 04, 2012, 05:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benebob

Anybody use this?  If so hows it work or if  not any reason why it shouldn't work?

http://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-Fork-Level-Gauge/dp/B001DDABQQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_2
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

Mustang

it will work fine
it works by sucking out the oil that you deliberately overfill to get to the exact precise level.
It's the same as the triumph tool that the manual recommends for oil level

benebob

Cool I'm still learning these new fangled contraptions.  Last bike was 42 years old. :)
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

matts23

I used a $3.00 marinating syringe for injecting meat, and a piece of 1/4" hose pushed up on it without the needle on it.  I put a zip tye on the hose tight enough that I could move it, but would stay in place.  Measure your oil level depth, move your zip tye.  Works the same for about $4.00 total, and you don't have to wait to have it shipped to your house.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

Stitch

I own one and used it when I serviced my forks (oil and upgrade).  Works decent and I felt confident I had the proper amount of oil using the tool. I like the control with the syringe. Much more "calibrated" over alternate means.
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955