News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

MCN Again....

Started by Bixxer Bob, March 31, 2013, 03:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

New insurance stats conflict with the road safety view that we're our own worst enemy, charging off the road at every corner due to exccessive  speed.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2013/March/mar2813-insurers-say-bikers-not-to-blame

I don't think they're comparing eggs with eggs though.  The road safety lot focus on KOSI (killed or seriously injured) and lump them together because the difference is largely luck.  The insurance co. is focussed on total number of claims, so it is possible that the largest percentage of CLAIMS are other driver faults, while the largest percentage of KOSI are rider error.  You'd need to see the raw data to takea balanced view otherwise you only get what the statistician wants you to see.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Dutch

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on March 31, 2013, 03:55:42 PM
You'd need to see the raw data to takea balanced view otherwise you only get what the statistician wants you to see.
Like a Brit ones told me: "Statistics are like criminals: the more you beat them, the more they say what you want to hear"  :hat10

Sin_Tiger

That's a new one for me but very useable thanks  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint