News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

what goes first the.....

Started by rybes, April 23, 2013, 04:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

temp gauge or the sender ?

been away for a little while. lifes been playin games with me but hopefully all is good now.

last few weeks ive noticed my temp gauage has been readin alsorts and finally its got to the point that when cold the gauge shoots straight up off the scale. could this be the gauge or the sender ? if its the gauge has anyone got a way of fixin it or do they have one spare ? 160 quid for a new ones a bit steep and id like to keep it all original if poss so id like to stay away from aftermarket ones.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Usually the sender goes.

I think there`s an easy test for the sender, earthing one of the wires if i remember right.

Sure somebody will confirm it

Geoff W

In my experience gages rarely fail, senders often.

It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

windscreenman1

I have a spare if you need one
But check sender 1st
Cheers :wave

threepot

According to Mr Haynes..To check the guage..earth the connector with ign on,but only for a few secs! If needle swings to HOT,SENDER unit  is defective.  You can check the sender unit in hot water..60 0/c. Connect ohmmeter + to terminal,and neg- to body. Should read 255-310 ohms. Only the body of sender should be submerged.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rybes

righto cheers for that. sounds like it could be the sender playin up, fingers crossed. as soon as i get to me bike ill give it a try and see what i come up with.
cheers for the offer windscreenman. if i need the gauge ill let ya know  :thumbsup
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)