News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph tank bag harness

Started by cba191, April 23, 2013, 03:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cba191

Anyone know where I can order just the mounting harness for my triumph tank bag?  It's a 2002 955i.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

pineygroveshop

I recently tried to find a new OEM Tank Bag for my 2002 Girly and there were none available according to Triumph North America.  Doubt the harness would be available separately.  I ordered a Wolfman tank bag and am happy enough with it; however, I was quite fond of the OEM setup.
Cheers,
Stephen

cba191

me too.  but i broke on of the clips, and it just so happens that that particular clip is sewn into the strap.  :( 
The only badly designed part of the setup.

pineygroveshop

That is no problem.  REI and other outdoor gear retailers sell replacement hardware.  The clips and such are designed to replace sewn in bits.  I've done mine many times, especially at the front when the handlebars snap one of the clips.
Cheers,
Stephen

cba191

That's exactly what happened to mine.  I bought the clips, but looked at it after and got annoyed.  I'll need to take another look at it and figure out how to rig it.

trophydave

World of Triumph show the harness as being available here in the U.K.: http://www.worldoftriumph.com/tpl/images/30029501.jpg

Being a tight sod I would have a go at fixing the old one first though.