News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anakee 3

Started by Spud, September 07, 2013, 06:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

Well bugger me sideways with a rag mans trumpet.

First 75 miles under the 3's for those who know the West Mids I took the following route, Stourbridge to Bridgnorth and onto Craven Arms and down to and over Clee Hill and back to Stourbridge via Bewdley, I have put the route down to give the local lads an idea of the type of roads I went over .

Immediate impressions, as I pulled away the bike felt like it was running down the centre of a very thin tyre this only lasted about a mile and was gone by the time I had filled up and pulled out of a service station, I am still puzzled as to the sensation I am assuming that's down to a new profile?  :icon_scratch:

I did a small section of mud and it cleared immediately as speed increased. A small section of pea gravel I tried at slow speed was not problem, the 2's always seemed to roam around on gravel the 3's seemed not to be perturbed by the gravel at all.

To the open road, as I said I have covered 75 miles on A and B roads the weather varied from warm and sunny to black cloud and rain, I could not feel any discernible difference in the grip levels between wet and dry. I like riding in the rain and I don't usually slow down when the drops start.  :icon_evil:

The suspension felt softer and more forgiving I will double check the suspensions setting but I cannot see the tyre fitter adjusting that, it almost felt like the tyres had a softer side wall, (it almost sounds like I know what I am talking about, be assure these are only my impressions  :icon_rolleyes: )it actually felt quite nice. I will be double checking the tyre pressures as well.

There does seem to be a little noise coming from the front tyre I would describe e it as a humming/frumming at about 50mph, it's low level but there I made a note to myself don't riding at 50. The noise reminded me of a kid's toy that you span around your head.

Turning in seems a lot faster and required a lot less effort, the 3's seemed almost too quick but not nervous at all, I think that just a simple matter of getting used to the new tyre.  :XXsunsmile

The tyres do not seem to want to track deviations in the tarmac and just floated over them, they did not white line either and I tried to get them to do it as I promised to do a write up. Cat's eyes do not seem to bother them either.

When I got back home and checked the rear tyre I noticed that there was no visible chicken strip  :notworthy , I was surprised by this as I had not been pushing it at all in fact I kept to all speed limits your honour  :icon_lol: , I can only put this down to becoming confident in the tyre very quickly, I noticed my corner speed was up slightly. The tyres do not seem to require any length of time to warm up and feel good to go immediately after a stop.

I am genuinely impressed with these tyres and I don't impress easily, (well there was a guy I knew in the military who was banned from wearing shorts but that another long story  :bug_eye  ). I believe if I buy a product that say's it does x and then it does x there's nothing to be impressed about as the item is doing what it should.

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

threepot

What do they replace Spud? Tourances fitted on my Steamer when I got it,and I am really impressed with them. Although rear needs replacing after about 5k. Thought I would have got more? 
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Spud

I had 2's on before which I loved but these do seem another step up to the extent I had thought they were "to good" and I could of possibly gone down a tyre range (er that'll be a 2 then) if that makes any sense.

Must confess I was surprised to see how far I was leaning the bike on brand new tyres, after all I got the usual "run the tyres in for a 100 miles, do not exceed 100mph blah blah blah" the tyre fitter always get the same answer and it ends with "OFF"

I will do another write up when I'm back from Spain about longevity etc. I will hopefully of done at least 3000 miles on them by then that unless I see an Eagle  :bug_eye   :icon_redface:

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

Good feedback Spud  :thumbsup Cheers

And don't look up this time please  :wave
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Boo

Just completed a trip to the Alps on a 06 plate 955i Tigger fitted with a set of Anakee 3's. Only just got the bike so cannot compare with anything else, but, after 3700 miles in less than three weeks I can honestly say they are top notch tyres.  :eusa_clap
Had a little wobble on some French overbanding and a wibble on a white line in the wet after 3000 miles plus. In the dry they were brilliant but lucky for me only had a little rain late in the trip.
When it was dry and sunny in the Alps (like to rub it in little) :XXsunsmile they performed without a problem. Still plenty of tread left, don't even look worn at all.  :thumbsup

Boo.

Spud

tigergotcha

I had same kind of feelings when moving from anakee 2 to pirelli scorpion trail. I was tempted to try the new anakee 3 ten days ago, but then opted for my fourth set of sc.trail... french boots 10% more expensive, and trails are really good - maybe next time (if 3 price levels to competitors)