News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

help only 123

Started by ynotbiker, June 30, 2013, 04:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynotbiker

just been for ride out and as going along gears  seemed to slip and funny noise,anyway will only use gears 123. rode it back 50 mile any ideas? also sometimes will not start but will if I pull the clutch in or turn the lights off. is there something on its way out,battery is a mottobatt and brand new,got a big trip coming up in the next few weeks will have to go to the stealers in next few days .could the gears be a expensive job?,should I be looking for something else to take me on this trip? :icon_scratch:thanks all.tony

97tiger885

Quote from: ynotbiker on June 30, 2013, 04:01:27 PM
just been for ride out and as going along gears  seemed to slip and funny noise,anyway will only use gears 123. rode it back 50 mile any ideas? also sometimes will not start but will if I pull the clutch in or turn the lights off. is there something on its way out,battery is a mottobatt and brand new,got a big trip coming up in the next few weeks will have to go to the stealers in next few days .could the gears be a expensive job?,should I be looking for something else to take me on this trip? :icon_scratch:thanks all.tony

No idea regarding the gearbox.

Mine refuses to start unless I pull in the clutch.  Check the clutch switch.  I have replaced the clutch switch and the sidestand switch with no effect.   Mustang tells me it is not the neutral switch as the neutral light is working.  I just live with it.   Only problem is starting when cold.  Holding the clutch lever, pulling the choke lever and hitting the starter button takes some work.

Mustang

Quote from: 97tiger885 on July 01, 2013, 09:34:26 PM
Quote from: ynotbiker on June 30, 2013, 04:01:27 PM

No idea regarding the gearbox.

Mine refuses to start unless I pull in the clutch.  Check the clutch switch.  I have replaced the clutch switch and the sidestand switch with no effect.   Mustang tells me it is not the neutral switch as the neutral light is working.  I just live with it.   Only problem is starting when cold.  Holding the clutch lever, pulling the choke lever and twisting the throttle grip takes some work.
you can let go of the clutch lever once you start cranking with starter button and it will stay cranking  the engine even with the clutch lever let out  :icon_wink:

97tiger885

Quote from: Mustang on January 01, 1970, 01:02:17 AM
you can let go of the clutch lever once you start cranking with starter button and it will stay cranking  the engine even with the clutch lever let out  :icon_wink:

That would make life easier.  Thanks, I will try that.  Beats trying to graft a third arm onto my body.

ynotbiker

well its engine out job,have to pay goz am in love with this bike   :love10 better than most new bikes,will report back what problem was.