News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly suspension upgrade - ADVICE ???

Started by eurobykz, June 19, 2013, 04:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjmadura

I have a 2006 Tiger and have been thinking about an upgrade as well. My bike "clunks" on rebound, and I have determined that the rebound damping on these forks is atrocious.

I called Traxxion Dynamics the other day and spoke to Dan. I can send my forks in to the company, and for $1100, they will install cartridge units in the fork legs, fully calibrated for my weight and intended use. That would take care of the front end.

I think HyperPro would be the best solution for the rear, as their reputation is second to none. The only problem........front and rear upgrades would cost about 30-40% of the bikes total value. That's a tough nut!

The New Tiger 800 is looking better every day.
2006 Tiger 955 ("The Caspian")
2008 KLR650 Blue 21
2002 Tiger 955 Roulette Green (sold)
1991 Honda CBR1000F Red/Black "The Rocket"(sold)
1988 Honda CBR Hurricane 1000 Silver (sold)
1985 Yamaha FZ750 Yellow/Black/White (sold)

eurobykz

where would you get the hyperpro from???
Ian Fleming
Saskatoon canada

2007 MotoGuzzi Breva V11 (Italian Mistress)
2004 Tigger 955i 
2014 KTM Duke690 (impulse purchase)

Chris Canning

Quote from: cjmadura on June 22, 2013, 05:00:16 AM

The New Tiger 800 is looking better every day.

And then you'll be changing suspension because all stock stuff is crap,we test rode a 1050 sport the other week what a relief it was to get back on a bike with aftermarket sus instead of what the number crunchers say Triumph have to fit.

Dutch

Hyperpro, Wilbers etc are at same level. The NW Euro suspension world is a bit Hillbilly so to say  :hat10

eurobykz

Quote from: JTT on June 22, 2013, 02:12:25 AM
Quote from: eurobykz on June 21, 2013, 05:45:26 PM

I've also been contemplating a shock.  I did my forks late last year and its SO much better (straight rate and proper rate for my weight/load, as well as emulators). 

JTT - please tell me about your fork upgrdes?  what did you put in?  where did yo get the springs/emulators etc...
Ian Fleming
Saskatoon canada

2007 MotoGuzzi Breva V11 (Italian Mistress)
2004 Tigger 955i 
2014 KTM Duke690 (impulse purchase)

Stitch

Search the topic "front fork stock spring length". Useful thread discussing front fork mods.
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955

Chris Canning

Aftermarket springs 15wt oil,amount  to taste just remember when you test the forks don't ride round the block go a distance to warm them up.

brad1098

I see front spring rate on aftermarket springs usually listed as 95kg.  What is the stock rate and where is a chart for rider weight.

I spoke with Hagon in california.  Very helpful,  I will be going with one of their shocks.  Shorter length up to 50mm was just $79.  Remote preload adjustment was kinda pricey at $129.  Why should I get this?
02 black-Lorna

Chris Canning

All depends on how you view your purchase of the shock,are you going change from one up to two up, if so you'll soon get fed up with a C spanner and the delights of grit in the threads when adjusting it,do think if you sell the bike you'll leave the shock on and view as a total financial loss because if that's so and you only ride one up I buy the basic Hagon,but if you intend to resell it I'd go with remote preload because without  value will be peanuts.

Advwannabe

$129 for remote preload pricey? If you avoid cleaning the shoick body and playing with 'C' spanners a couple of times over your ownership of the bike it's worth it
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

ssevy

I sent the stock rear shock on my 99 Legend to Penske in Reading PA, and they built me a custom shock. About $1000 with shipping, but remote adjuster and excellent build quality. I am not sure why their name does not come up as often as some others, as they are a big player in the auto racing shock market? In any case, a huge improvement over stock, and the build quality appears to be excellent.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.