News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A very funny tigger story

Started by eurobykz, July 19, 2013, 05:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eurobykz

I've just brought my tigger home to Saskatoon after a 15000 km odyssey through 4 provinces and something like 14 American states.   My last day, I just got on the highway and went pretty fast - just wanted to get home... 

So mid-afternoon on the busy trans-Canada highway (speed limit is 100), I was passing everything in sight, and of course a Mountie sees me and stops me.  Mountie as in RCMP.  The folks who always get their man... 

So the constable gets out of his car, walks up, and asks me if my tiger is comfortable at 145 km/h?   is there a lot of vibration at that speed? 

Then he saw my worn-out heidenau's and the mud and twigs and leaves and detritus sticking to various bits of the bike and asked me where I'd been and how it was offroad, and what my fuel consumption had been (about 5.5 L/100km at vaguely sensible speeds).   Turns out he has a buell Ulysses and had been thinking about ditching it for a tigger...   

So we chatted for a while and he wished me good luck and suggested that I slow down to only 40 over the limit to avoid a criminal code offence from the next Mountie who might not ride, or worse, be a Harley guy...

Now why can't all cops be adv types???

Ian Fleming
Saskatoon canada

2007 MotoGuzzi Breva V11 (Italian Mistress)
2004 Tigger 955i 
2014 KTM Duke690 (impulse purchase)

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

HockleyBoy

Pity they aren't like that over here!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

birddogone

2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Montydog

There's good and bad and that's a nice tale :-)

Sin_Tiger

Definitely a Tiger kind of guy, I hope they give him a discount  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint