News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front brake hoses

Started by swappy, January 08, 2014, 10:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swappy

I have fitted the high front mudguard to my 1999 885i  and need to modify the brake  hoses to eliminate what was the over mudguard set up with one single hose to the master cylinder. Which year tiger used the two full length hoses from the master cylinder to each caliper and what length are they?
Yellow tiger 885i 1999

blacktiger

Quote from: swappy on January 08, 2014, 10:10:46 PM
I have fitted the high front mudguard to my 1999 885i  and need to modify the brake  hoses to eliminate what was the over mudguard set up with one single hose to the master cylinder. Which year tiger used the two full length hoses from the master cylinder to each caliper and what length are they?

Someone might correct me but AFAIK there never has been a twin hose system on a Tiger. Even the 1050 has a single hose down to the top of the mudguard before it splits into two. You can check through all the different models with the exploded drawings on this site:- http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.php/4276/1/parts_locator
I would suggest that if you want a twin hose system you could just buy another standard long hose and route it from the master cylinder to the other caliper.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Gonna need a different master cylinder or a double banjo bolt.....  :augie
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

Quote from: blacktiger on January 09, 2014, 03:17:56 PM
I would suggest that if you want a twin hose system you could just buy another standard long hose and route it from the master cylinder to the other caliper.
:iagree this works the treat all you need is a new double banjo bolt and some xtra copper washers , like bb says .
I used galfer fittings and hoses on the one I did for someone.

swappy

Thanks for the replies guys. I've picked up another set of standard hoses off  eBay so i'm going to try and replace the short over mudguard hose with the other full length one, the left hand caliper already has a double banjo bolt in it, I think iI might be able to use that on the master cylinder and the master cylinder one on the caliper, just need some new copper washers. Has anyone tried this or  can see any reason why it won't work?
The rest of the bike is work in progress, replaced the rear light with a new led combined tail light/indicator unit, satin black paint job in progress. Going to cut the windshield down, new front indicators and daytime running lights sort of supermoto it   :bad  :wheel
Yellow tiger 885i 1999

blacktiger

Quote from: swappy on January 09, 2014, 11:01:36 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I've picked up another set of standard hoses off  eBay so i'm going to try and replace the short over mudguard hose with the other full length one, the left hand caliper already has a double banjo bolt in it, I think iI might be able to use that on the master cylinder and the master cylinder one on the caliper, just need some new copper washers. Has anyone tried this or  can see any reason why it won't work?
The rest of the bike is work in progress, replaced the rear light with a new led combined tail light/indicator unit, satin black paint job in progress. Going to cut the windshield down, new front indicators and daytime running lights sort of supermoto it   :bad  :wheel

Using and swapping the existing bolts is what I would be doing. There's absolutely no reason for it not to work. The master cylinder has to push exactly the same amount of fluid as with the OE set up. The twin hose set up will be far easier to bleed too.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

:iagree will probably make bleeding the brakes easier to bleed successfully as well.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

audiododd

I bought some bar risers (since I'm so damn tall -- mustang pegs/seat at tallest setting) and found that I didn't have enough slack in my brake line to add the risers.  So, I bought a set of 2 Galfer lines (2" longer than stock) that came with the hardware to run a line to each caliper.  They are sitting in my garage waiting for the rain/cold to start here in northern California :icon_scratch:.  I may have to break down and replace them while it's still riding weather.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can\'t always be sure of their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln