News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

80,000 miles

Started by Loops, August 05, 2013, 10:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loops

Well the old girl tripped 80,000 miles as I parked up at work today.

I took a photo of odometer but it's too large to attach.

Have to say I'm mightily impressed when I think what is still standard

Almost everything except

Basic service stuff like; brakes pads & discs, tyres, chain & sprockets.  Doesn't countif it's natural wear & tear.

Only major components change was rear shock & fork springs (oh handlebars after a track day off).  Otherwise front end is original.  Changed the throttle position sensor and fuel sender.

So original clutch, cam chain, clutch & throttle cables, injectors etc.  All the dash lights are orignal too (headlight & tail been changed a few times)

Even the voltage reg rect is original.

All body work is original too, if a little battered here & there - adds character you know.

TOR can fitted before 6k service and still going strong.

I'll admit the fork sliders are a bit sloppy on the tubes (I have replacement front end to fit soon off a 955)

So now I've jinxed the ol' gal I guess everything will go wrong now!   :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Take care one and all

Cheers

Loops
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)

PeteH

Thought there was going to be a Trigger moment off Only Fools in that post :icon_wink:

As for big photos... I use paint to re size mine...right click and edit with paint...re size/sqew? ...then save as...works for me :icon_study: :icon_scratch:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Chris Canning

Quote from: Loops on August 05, 2013, 10:21:29 PM
Well the old girl tripped 80,000 miles as I parked up at work today.

I took a photo of odometer but it's too large to attach.

Have to say I'm mightily impressed when I think what is still standard

Almost everything except

Basic service stuff like; brakes pads & discs, tyres, chain & sprockets.  Doesn't countif it's natural wear & tear.

Only major components change was rear shock & fork springs (oh handlebars after a track day off).  Otherwise front end is original.  Changed the throttle position sensor and fuel sender.

So original clutch, cam chain, clutch & throttle cables, injectors etc.  All the dash lights are orignal too (headlight & tail been changed a few times)

Even the voltage reg rect is original.

All body work is original too, if a little battered here & there - adds character you know.

TOR can fitted before 6k service and still going strong.

I'll admit the fork sliders are a bit sloppy on the tubes (I have replacement front end to fit soon off a 955)

So now I've jinxed the ol' gal I guess everything will go wrong now!   :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Take care one and all

Cheers

Loops

You still got that bloody old tank!!! I'm at Donington WSB earlier in the year I get you mixed up with the guy who does the Ducati hospitality you should have seen the look on his face when I asked him if he owned a Tiger  :icon_eek:

robxxxx

blacktiger

2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

robxxxx

Because the sodding thing failed almost every year, and usually cooked the stator and battery with it.

Loops

Well here's the proof - thanks for the resize tip there PeteH. (knew thare was a way to do it but the grey cells ain't what they were)

And yes Chris still got the old tank - what would I replace it with??  Another Tiger probably maybe a 1200 but they are hefty brutes.

Why was shock changed - price is the answer.

If I recall I swapped it out at about 55-60k miles but only 'cos I could get an Ohlins for about £300 new (it's who you know etc)

Yes Robxxx it's original - bear in mind 885i had a different (seemingy) more reliable set up to the 955i.

Maybe I need to build a hybrid motor 885 bottom end with reg\rect and 955 top end seems the best of both worlds.  Dreams huh?

I guess the real question is how long is this motor gonna last?

I can't say she's maintained like a Swiss watch - just oil \ filter every 6k or so. Then do what ever crops up when it does.

Take care one and all.

Cheers

Loops

The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)

Advwannabe

Nice, Loops

Mine has similar mileage ( 131000Km) and still going strong, burns a little oil between changes but I reckon she'll see 200k without major surgery.

Not bad considering what I put her through...

Enjoy yours
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180