News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph Tiger 955i Luggage locks (Pannier or top case) UK buyer

Started by rocco, September 04, 2013, 09:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocco

Hi guys, sorry for my 1st post being in the classifieds section, ill say hi to you all and introduce myself later  :icon_salut:
Ive just bought a 2003 Lucifer orange Tiger 955i and i love it to bits (most sensible bike ive ever owned, last bike was a honda VTR SP1!!).
Im planning on doing a bit of touring around Europe in the not to distant future however the previous owner of my Tiger has managed to lose the keys that fit the top box and panniers :icon_rolleyes:
So basically im after a set of locks and keys to fit (a set of 3 would do fine), ive been told by my local stealer that they are no longer available?? Is that correct?
£ waiting for the right bits, can anyone help me out?
Thanks in advance
Phil
Swindon Wilts UK
tel/txt 07747 798458
68 BSA Bantam D14
71 BSA Bantam B175
79 Suzuki X7
93 Kawasaki ZXR 400
03 Triumph Tiger

Bixxer Bob

Welcome Phil,  I do a bit of locksmithing, but I'm too far away from you.  If you find a local locksmith (and I don't mean keycutter, I mean someone who has a few years in the business) and take him a lock,  he can cut you keys to fit it and it won't cost anywhere near as much as a new lock set.  If you can find some.  It's just a matter of opening up the lock and looking at the wafers then cutting the key to lift them.  It's not hard.

Nothing wrong with an SP1, with open pipes one of the best sounding bikes there is.  Mate had a Castrol Colin Edwards rep  :icon_mrgreen:

Oh,  and fill in a bit of your profile please, at least the location, it lets the rest of the world know where you are.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

cosmo

I've two, with a key. Took off my cracked top box 9 days before bike totaled. But I think too expensive to ship.

If the boxes will open (unlocked), it is easy to rekey. Just take the locks apart and shuffle the bits until they fit your key. I was successful my first try.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

rocco

Thanks guys, i managed to rearrange the lock tumblers to fit my existing luggage keys, all sorted now  :icon_lol:
68 BSA Bantam D14
71 BSA Bantam B175
79 Suzuki X7
93 Kawasaki ZXR 400
03 Triumph Tiger