News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TRIUMPH TIGER cast v spoke wheels for hard touring

Started by ian955bluecat, December 18, 2005, 04:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ian955bluecat

Hi,  Has there been a thread on this?

I am planning a trip to Russia from England , via Norway and back through Czech republic. There are some pot-holes and rough gravel roads on the way....Has anyone done this trip, if so I'd be glad to hear from you. Can cast wheels make it?

I have a gorgeous blue Oct05 Tiger, and have run it in, before trying some bridleways in Scotland etc , I wonder if the CAST wheels will hold up ??? BMW adventure uses wire wheels............SHould I change wheels - in which case would earlier Tiger wheels fit the 05-06 cast wheeled model?

Cheers....IAn

Chris Canning

I say it's catch 22,the spoke wheels will probably wear better,but the cast wheels being tubeless will be easier to repair,to be honest, once get over the Finnish boarder it'll be the least of your problems.

ian955bluecat

curious - please email me - any advice welcomed  mailto:ianhmc2@aol.com">ianhmc2@aol.com

Chris Canning