News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Subframe welding

Started by HeavyHustler, September 11, 2013, 06:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyHustler

I found my subframe has been poorly welded back together....... :icon_rolleyes:

I searched for a thread about fixing it but found nothing.  Does anyone have pics or links to a thread that has a good idea for reinforcing the subframe?

Cheers,
Mark

Bixxer Bob

You could do a search for subframe in Mustang's posts, I'm sure he posted some good pics eons ago....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I think I posted on that a long time ago, might have a pic or two on my hdd but I'm on the way to the airport just now, hang in there and I'll get back to you.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HeavyHustler

Yeah pics from a few years ago are all gone.  I've looked.  I was wondering what people used to reinforce the subframe?  I have no problems doing it myself, I just like seeing what other have tried and tested.  :icon_study:

Sin_Tiger

Nothing   special, 2.5 mm plate or flat bar will the job without affecting the seat fitting.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

theclowncrusty

hi, if you search through my posts im sure i uploaded a couple of pics of when i re enforced my subframe before having a towbar fitted.

HeavyHustler

Quote from: theclowncrusty on September 12, 2013, 12:20:50 AM
hi, if you search through my posts im sure i uploaded a couple of pics of when i re enforced my subframe before having a towbar fitted.

I found your pics crusty, thanks.  I bit small but I think I get the jist of it.  So you welded your supports to the underside of the subframe, yeah?

Cheers,
Mark

Sin_Tiger

I had a rummage through my hard disc but failed to come up with the pics, perhaps they were on my phone that I lost, sorry.

If you's still curious let me know and I'll take some when I get back to Scotland next month.