News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clutch

Started by Chris Canning, October 07, 2013, 01:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

At the risk of pointing out the obvious!!!,this trip we have just done,get on the road first thing in the morning check the slack in the clutch cable at the adjuster and off we'd go,100 miles or less when the clutch had settled that adjustment had gone and I'd have to ajust some more slack a turn at most on the adjuster,but when I got into a town pulling the clutch in to the bar wasn't enough to stop it dragging,only really noticed it when I realised the tick over was so bad when I'd pull the clutch in with it in gear and then thought hang on it's was dragging!!!

Bixxer Bob

So is I still doing it and have you worked out why?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

The problem being I never use the bike in the Uk,apart from the fact I'm not jumping on it with two people and load of kit and not doing 400 miles a day,it's not 35c either,and I'll also take back the comment I made about not being able to tell the difference with the clutch cable it's a lot lighter.

The reality it was no big deal took me a couple of seconds to ajust it,but when both of us and the bike included were just about to blow a gasket in the heat the obvious(clutch dragging) wasn't so obvious!!

metalguru

I would be cautious and carry a spare as this one sounds like it's about to snap!!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Chris Canning

Clutch cable and a Reg/Rec  :icon_lol: