News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Silencer/Collector box

Started by fraserdog, October 24, 2013, 12:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraserdog

Which of the Girlies had the exhaust system with the square collector box? I am led to believe that the silencer from that model will fit a 955 header pipe and is straight through as the collector box acted as the baffle on that particular model or am I barking up the wrong tree. :icon_scratch:
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Dutch

Chris Canning

Quote from: fraserdog on October 24, 2013, 12:09:36 AM
Which of the Girlies had the exhaust system with the square collector box? I am led to believe that the silencer from that model will fit a 955 header pipe and is straight through as the collector box acted as the baffle on that particular model or am I barking up the wrong tree. :icon_scratch:

Your barking up the wrong tree as regards to the baffle,it gave the 885 more bottom end and I found it more pleasant to ride,but I also like the extra HP when replacing it with a short piece of pipe which came in a kit with an aftermarket pipe from Triumph.

Both bikes had either stock pipes or the Offroad version.

The can on the 885/955 is exactly the same in fact when I bought my 955 new I swapped the can over from my 885i on day one,the only difference between the two is the parts number is different  :icon_scratch:

What is totally different and that's the headers,plus you can take the sump/exhaust guard off the 955 you can't on the 885i although mine dropped off my 885i(like lots of others) somewhere in the South of France another item on the long list that got replaced   :icon_rolleyes: