News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Alternator output

Started by ssevy, October 26, 2013, 12:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

Okay, now that the colder weather is making riding a heroic act around here, I was curious about options for increasing alternator output? Looking at the heated gear sites, it looks like the output on the Tiger is enough to run either one glove or another, but not much else :icon_rolleyes:. Seriously, I saw someone had fitted a bigger alternator off a Sprint, but I can't remember if it went on a Tiger or a classic triple, as I have read so many threads for both models. In any case, is anyone running heated gear, and if so, how has it worked?
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Mustang

all the carb'd  triumphs have 25 amp alternators (300 watts)

Nick Calne

So no way to up the power output overall? :icon_scratch:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Mustang

I've heard stories of a 885 I alternator being fitted to a steamer motor , but have no other info to share . I don't even know if the 885I alternator puts out any more juice than a steamer one though.  :icon_scratch:

London_Phil

have a read of this

http://www.triumphrat.net/t3-sport-touring-forum/132109-daytona-1200-trophy-1200-alternator.html

basically the 40A will fit, but requires a bit of Farkling. looks good to me,  form v function debate if required..

HeavyHustler

Not sure why you think there isn't enough juice?  My heated vest is 45 watts= 4 amps, heated grips are 40 watts= 3 amps.  That's 85 watts = 7 amps.  Plenty of juice for a heated jacket.

My Speed Triple runs vest, grips, radar, phone for a total 85-95 watts = 11 amps.  Runs just fine.  Albeit not all 4 things are running at teh same time usually.  ;)