News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Warning: Tyre thread

Started by Cos, November 15, 2013, 04:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos

So, my Trail Attacks are toast. Like seeing metal chords toast.
Given that I'm a bit strapped for cash, the cheapest option here seems to be the Metz Tourance. Never had them before, so if anyone has input in regards to grip and longevity, I'd appreciate it.

Yeah, I know...tyre thread...sorry  :icon_lol:

Advwannabe

Hey Cos, good to see you.

It's been a few years since I've run Tourances, but when I did I'd get 18k kilometers or 12k miles out of a set like clockwork.

Never had any issues on the road and preferred the feel of them to the Anakees. People will debate me on their wet weather performance but I found them fine.

Grip on the gravel is marginal. You need a front tire that will stick on the dirt with all that weight forward and high, these don't.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

PeteH

No probs here with Tourance...wet or dry :thumbsup
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

swamper650

Love the original 80/20  Tourances.  Just installed my 3rd set at 49K. No issues in the wet and durability is excellent. Tires stick way better than you would expect in the twisties. Other choices if you do a lot of loose gravel or sand roads. They are capable in those situations if you drop pressure and remember that momentum is your friend.          :hat10
You don\'t quit riding because you get old...you get old when you quit riding