News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mounting aux lighting

Started by ssevy, February 03, 2014, 11:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

I'm going to add some of these:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23375412#post23375412

and am wondering about mounting? I will be getting the Hepco Becker crash bars, and was thinking they would be a good location. Any suggestions?
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

I'd be more tempted to mount them higher up, 'cause guess what crash bars do  :icon_wink:

Personally I think they are more conspicuous higher up, don't get covered in as much shite  as well as being less prone to damage.

For actual forward range riding vision on the Steamer, I find properly set up standard light units still outperform the best LED lamp I could lay my hands on. I'd check that the reflectors and inside of the lenses are clean, there is no excessive voltage drop at the lamp connectors and you have good quality lamps fitted, such as Osram Night Breakers or equivalent.

Those sound interesting though, can't see the pics at the moment as they are blocked, be interested to hear how you find them.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ssevy

I'll post up an installation thread when I get to these. I just ordered them last night to take advantage of the three day 20% off sale. It comes with the harness, two weatherproof lamps, a digital dimming unit which works with your high/low beams, and a waterproof on/off master switch which gets mounted on the bars. This way they auto dim with the regular lights, or I can switch them off if I am running heated gear and my alternator output gets marginal. They are also testing a replacement LED bulb for headlights, with better output and less amperage draw. That will be added once they have established its reliability. Basically, anywhere I can save amps I am going to, as long as it is not at the sacrificing of performance.

cba191

I just installed the same ones on my Girly last week. Haven't gotten the whole bike back together yet, but they are bright. They're gonna be good.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

ssevy

That sounds great!
Thanks for the feedback.