News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Revs

Started by New-Tiger, March 20, 2005, 08:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New-Tiger

What Revs should i aim to keep the bike running at. It's an 05 Tiger with off-road exhaust

Chris Canning

Quote from: "New-Tiger"What Revs should i aim to keep the bike running at. It's an 05 Tiger with off-road exhaust

Depends on what speed you want to go at! :roll:

Slim Dave

Hey, this is a good question -- i was thinking about this myself.

Suppose you're pottering round town, 35 mph. That'd be around 2300rpm in 6th gear -- too low? What would you be comfortable with?

ChrisN

I'd somehow never find myself pottering around town in 6th gear. Normally 4th, or maybe 5th at most, I think it gives you more scope to avoid trouble. The bike will respond quicker whether accelerating or decelerating. I tend to go with feel, rather than clock watching.
Chris

Kill Switch

3 to 5 K any gear  - pretty much unless you want to go very fast.

New-Tiger

Yeah, I tend to keep the revs between 3 and 5k. I was just wondering if there was an optimim number for mpg and engine stress levels etc.

Thanks Slim. I thought it was a good Q as well!

abell

I try to keep the revs up because I want to know there is lots of power there if I need to get out of anything sticky.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

TigerPilot

Anything under red line is ok!!! ...just let it purr.
Work Hard; Play Harder !!!

05 Suzuki SV1000

04 BMW K1200 GT

04 Kawasaki KLR 650

02 Triumph Tiger