News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The Only One I Have Seen Forsale

Started by Chris Canning, March 06, 2014, 04:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

When ever I mention I had a 350 Yamaha it's normally 'Oh a power valve' or a YR5 nothing so new!! this must be the only one I have ever seen forsale in the UK with a salty price  :icon_wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-YR3-Rare-Classic-/251457235469?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3a8c04ea0d

Bixxer Bob

Never seen one either Chris.  Plenty of YR5s around as you say, and RDs etc but nothing this old.  It's not like a DS3 250  either so can't share a lot of parts like the DS7 250 and YR5 350. 

The tank is a bit like a Stinger I think, if you close one eye and squint a bit, but that's a Suzuki..... :icon_lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

The 250 was a YDS6,I bought my YR3 in 1970 and even then was told they(Mitsui) only imported either 65 or 70 bikes,the shop I bought mine from only sold two,the other owner chopped a Reliant van in half with his riding from Kidderminster to B''Ham  :icon_eek:

I still have fond memories of riding mine and drafting my mates rocket 3 down the Warwick bypass  :icon_biggrin:

Bixxer Bob

My very first pillion ride, a while before I had my own bike, was on a YDS6.  Happy days..... :XXsunsmile
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...