News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mikuni carbs Orings

Started by TR5TRIDER, October 12, 2013, 07:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR5TRIDER

Esteemed listers,
I am cleaning carbs and am unable to seat float assembly into the carb body after installing new orings that I purchased from McMaster. I say unable because I am using only finger pressure as I am afeared of breaking the float assembly. Is this normal? I do not think it is the orings as the size marking on packs agrees with that I got from this forum. How much pressure to use? Maybe some grease in the carb body?

Rider

Mustang

Couple drops of oil on each oring and push them home

TR5TRIDER

Thanks Mustang,
I must not have put enough oil (light smear w/ oily finger) next tried a smear of grease in the carb body w/ small artist brush and felt the satisfying feeling of the float assembly seating w/ light finger pressure. Aaah!

Rider

HeavyHustler

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!  Can you send me the link to buy some of those o-rings?!  Plllllllllllllleeeeeeeeaaaassssssssseeeeee?  :icon_mrgreen:

Mustang

it's in the how to sticky thread at the top of  the steamer section .......................
:icon_rolleyes:

HeavyHustler

DOH?!  Thanks Mustang.  Ordered.  ;)

Watson

Here is a question. I ordered new o-rings, installed them. Now my bike acts like it is running lean.  Not sure what to make of this. 
It runs smooth at idle but the moment you give it throttle it falls on its face.    Was wondering if I need to change the jets and if so to what size?  I am getting frustrated.

Mustang

CAP ON RIGHT  HAND SNORKEL .?...........if not it needs to be, :nod

next clean the pilot jets and circuit
then clean the main jets out .

Watson

Thanks.  Cap is on.  I will clean the jets and circuit and report my findings. 

ram33

did you check your float heights in case you disturbed them?
did you put everything back in the carb it came out of
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

Sin_Tiger

While you have access,  it's worth checking that the small O ring under the carb top plastic cover at the vacumn spigot is in place. Those little blighters have a habit of getting knocked out of place as you put the covers back.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint