News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I've got a Triumph again!

Started by iansoady, May 28, 2014, 03:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iansoady

OK it's a 1966 T100 bitsa to keep the Wee-strom company - but at least I can call myself a Triumph owner again.

Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

PeteH

Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

nickjtc

Good for you. Let the love/hate relationship fun and games begin.  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

:wings

It's  a :tigger and it looks pretty tidy for a "bitsa"  :thumbsup

So are you going to join us in Scotland in July then  :nod
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Drain the oil out of it and put it in the living room with a plant pot on it and it'll be making money while you look at it!! my first year of motorcycling in 69 gave me a complete aversion to anything that needs a whitworth spanner  :icon_sad:

iansoady

Quote from: Chris Canning on May 28, 2014, 11:27:24 PM
Drain the oil out of it and put it in the living room with a plant pot on it and it'll be making money while you look at it!! my first year of motorcycling in 69 gave me a complete aversion to anything that needs a whitworth spanner  :icon_sad:

Yes, but the Wee-Strom is so reliable I need something to occupy me.......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

nickjtc

Quote from: iansoady on May 29, 2014, 11:26:16 AM
Yes, but the Wee-Strom is so reliable I need something to occupy me.......

Hmmmm. Having owned machines of that vintage (a '67 N15CS and '71 Commando) I suspect that you will be occupied.  :augie

That previous comment about aversion to Whitworth spanners struck a chord..

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Chris Canning on May 28, 2014, 11:27:24 PM
.... my first year of motorcycling in 69 gave me a complete aversion to anything that needs a whitworth spanner  :icon_sad:

:ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JTT

I just got back from a ride on my 1970 Trophy with same pipes as yours!  A true joy to ride although alas needs a regular hand.  Mines developed a "beyond normal" incontinence.  Oh well, at least tools never get rusty  :icon_cool:
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

nickjtc

Quote from: JTT on May 30, 2014, 02:23:00 AM
Mines developed a "beyond normal" incontinence.

Erm, what's beyond normal? Oil out the bottom as fast as you put it in the top??  :bad

Boo

I have three brittish bikes that are used and are oil tight. They are all Nortons....... oops wrong website  :mut

nickjtc

Quote from: Boo on June 01, 2014, 09:48:40 PM
I have three british bikes that are used and are oil tight. They are all Nortons....... oops wrong website

I concur. Both my Commando and the N15CS dropped nary a drip of oil under my stewardship. Actually, that's a fib; the Commando had a persistent and microscopic drip from the swing arm bushing area.... as all you Commando aficionados know one uses 120 weight oil inside rather than grease.

iansoady

I agree about Commandos - I had one for 20 years and used it to ride all over Europe and it never dropped any oil at all. I even parked on the marble forecourt of a little hotel in Pisa and it didn't leave a mark.

The Matchless on the other hand......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650