News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bike runs different after removing tank and exhaust

Started by Roadinator, July 30, 2014, 03:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadinator

So I fixed the IAC vacuum leak (thanks to the help here).  After putting the bike back together, it's not idling the same (too low and cuts out).  I've read after discounting some of the fuel/air components it can run different.  Should I start with syncing the carbs and running the tune program to get it back on track or is there something else I can do to get the idle consistent.  It does seem to run a little "flatter" (not pulling as much in the mid-range), but that could just be me.  The idle issue is a little annoying on slow speed situations as you have to keep track of the rpm's if it wants to idle too low and cut out.  Sometimes the idle is fine.
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i in Lucifer Orange

Bixxer Bob

I just looked back to see if you posted about having an IACV problem but couldn't find anything.  If you changed it because it was sticking, or you just fixed a tube leak, the trims in the ECU will still be as before you did the work.

I assume you have Tune ECU so hook it up, reset the trims, check the IACV steps are between 20 - 35, do an adaptation then go for a good "spirited" run out.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...