News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tiger down

Started by ynotbiker, July 05, 2014, 09:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynotbiker

so where abouts are folk putting the inline filter under the tank???

nickjtc

Quote from: ynotbiker on July 10, 2014, 07:54:06 PM
so where abouts are folk putting the inline filter under the tank???

Not under the tank, just under the petcock, with about 2" of hose.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

ram33

tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

nickjtc

Quote from: ram33heres mine

+1

Sin_Tiger

This K&N one is what I've been using for a while now, it's quite short and can be fitted to sit vertically by trimming the original U section a few mm.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ynotbiker

Quote from: nickjtc on July 07, 2014, 09:09:37 PM
Quote from: ynotbiker on July 07, 2014, 08:03:46 PM
the tyres are Michelin radial t66x. Are these the originals?

Look for 'DOT' on one or the other sidewall of the tyres. Just to the right there will be what looks like a moulded in plate which may only have four numbers in it, or a bunch of letters follwed by four numbers.

The four numbers (eg 2907) represent the week the tyre was made (in this case: week 29) follwed by the year (in this case: 2007). On your bike there may only be three numbers (eg 453) which works the came way, but only the last digit is the year; in this case week 45 of 1993.

fronts got 978t [512] back is 978t [492] so am thinking 1997  :bug_eye

nickjtc

Quote from: ynotbiker on July 12, 2014, 12:35:19 PM
fronts got 978t [512] back is 978t [492] so am thinking 1997  :bug_eye

512: 51st week of 1992
492: 49th week of 1992

The original tyres, methinks

coachgeo

Quote from: ram33 on July 10, 2014, 09:25:56 PM
heres mine
Nice job and love the clear line.  Good way to look for bubbles butttttt.. is that fuel rated line,  Ethanol fuel rated?  either could be a gummy producing issue though.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Nick Calne

When we organise the tiger triple museum those tyres can go on display!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ynotbiker

stuff that an keeping them for the antique road show so I can get on the telly. :icon_rolleyes:

Sin_Tiger

Good to read you've got such a cracker, it's about time you had a bit of good luck or alternatively got what you deserved for you patience, if you're not a karma type person  :tin hat
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ram33

Quote from: coachgeo on July 12, 2014, 08:43:58 PM
heres mine
Nice job and love the clear line.  Good way to look for bubbles butttttt.. is that fuel rated line,  Ethanol fuel rated?  either could be a gummy producing issue though.
it is left over fuel line from a car i had. whether its ethanol rated or not i dont know? ill keep my eye on it and see if it starts degrading inside
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

ram33

Quote from: coachgeo on July 12, 2014, 08:43:58 PM
heres mine
you were not far off
i had a slight leak so took the fuel filter off to find it had gone soft and bent the plastic, thats what you get for buying cheap.
i ordered a new metal one but when it arrived it was bigger than i expected, but i managed to squeeze it under the carbs although its lying flat now. dont know if it will make any difference? treated it to some proper unleaded rated fuel pipe as well.
pics below
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

rf9rider

I just fitted the K&N filter same as Sin`s , mines lying flat between the carbs and air filter, been running ok so far.