News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Slow speed woes

Started by JayDub, June 19, 2014, 08:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

what kind of gearing are you running ?
at 30 mph you should be well on your way to 3k rpm
3 cylinder motors do not like to lug especially Triumph 3 cyl. lumps  :bug_eye

JayDub

Standard 18 / 48, and its difficult to decide when the surging is worse either in 3rd or 4th, It does prefer lower gears but I tend to keep the revs low due to the loud pipes (also habit from when I was poorer)

Bixxer Bob

A friend who has spent lots sorting his carbs to no avail, just tried leaving the fuel cap open and - hey presto - no more fuelling woes. He's about to tear out the vent system in the cap.....  :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JayDub

I just fitted the second hand cans I bought and bingo! problem solved - a very slight flat spot low down but I haven't balanced the carbs yet - so there ya go... straight through pipes without re-jetting was the culprit in this case apparently.  :icon_evil:

Mustang

JayDub

Pity I didn't try the cans before all the new and expensive bits  :icon_cry:

Mustang

Steamers run best when left stock.'........

JayDub

I've now discovered that fact Mustang   :icon_frown:

Nick Calne

Quote from: Mustang on July 30, 2014, 12:49:52 AM
Steamers run best when left stock.'........

Agreed. Seems almost everyone who has tinkered with the bike reverts to standard in the end.

(Except for coils)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?