News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Is this guy for real !!

Started by KuzzinKenny, September 11, 2014, 02:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Nick Calne

Dunno KK, I think this is a good idea. Diesels are quite nasty on pollution.  London is surprising bad for air quality.

Everytime I go to London, I'm struck by the car centric nature of the place. It would be a truly wonderful city if it was car free.

Ken Livingston wanted it car free and I think Boris is slowly working towards the same end.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Typical political headline grabbing but it has some value in that many duals are poorly maintained, so this doesn't really get to the root of the issue.

It's time to ditch Road tax altogether, not just display of discs, MOT EVERY year from new at which point you get number plates issued. And if it doesn't meet emissions you don't get plates until it does. But that would mean a loss of jobs for those that issue tax discs and revenue for all those vanity plates that don't meet regulations.

Soap box back in the shed  :icon_redface:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I'd happily sell my high tax band Diesel 4x4 if there was something else that would tow my box trailer without blowing the gearbox and that I could throw all my DIY waste in for the tip run.  But there isn't .....  unless I get the 4.0litre petrol version  :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

There is, it's called your camper van  :ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

KuzzinKenny

My diesel vans got over 100k on it and it dont smoke cos its maintained by me and i put redex additive in with every full tank to keep the injectors and internals clean !!  :thumbsup and it gets 50mpg  :icon_biggrin:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

NKL

The man is a :hc, most of the pollution in london comes from all the shitty black cabs and buses.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: NKL on September 12, 2014, 12:57:36 AM
The man is a :hc, most of the pollution in london comes from all the shitty black cabs and buses.

Hey !! you can't say that about yer NEXT prime minister  :bug_eye  :ImaPoser :ImaPoser

KK

aeronca

Come to super liberal  Seattle where they are taking out traffic lanes for cars and making them bicycle only which is fucking up the already fucked up traffic beyond belief :BangHead
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Nick Calne

They have done the same in London too.

They should just ban cars altogether and just have motorbikes only.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: nickcalne on September 13, 2014, 10:48:24 AM
They should just ban cars altogether and just have motorbikes only.

They'd have to supply outriggers/sidecars, heated grips and clothing + seats for us to be motorcycle-only in the winter here  :icon_wink: :icon_wink: Would be fun though.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

HockleyBoy

Quote from: NKL on September 12, 2014, 12:57:36 AM

Apart from the fact that he is the one that opened up the Bus Lanes to motorcycles which made my commute a whole lot easier and faster.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport