News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil drain tool?

Started by ssevy, November 19, 2014, 01:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

My Tiger is 40 miles away, waiting to have its oil and filter changed before being put up for the winter. As such, I cannot go out and look at the drain plug for the oil. When I last changed it a year ago before putting it away, I am sure the size was different than my Legend, but I can't remember if it was a socket or a big hex driver?
My tools at my storage location are slim, so I need to take the wrench with me. Can someone steer me in the right direction?
I was smart enough to get both types of crush washers. :icon_wink:
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Mustang

if it's an allen head ............I think it's the same as the rear axle hex and adjusters .
12 mm allen

it's probably the allen head wrench as only later ones like 98's had the hex cap

but just in case bring a few different sockets and a ratchet , ie . 15mm 11/32 17 mm 14 mm one of these will fit

I'd check mine but all of the bikes are in a storage unit for winter , looks like a tiger den I tell ya .
4 black ones and a pimento red one all huddled together trying to stay warm ..........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

TR5TRIDER

My 96 Tiger has 17 mm hex on both drain plug and filter.

TR5TRIDER

My 96 Steamer  17 mm on both drain plug and filter.

ssevy

Thanks fellas!

Mustang, what's up with the red one?

ssevy

Sorry, meant to confirm my 95 uses a 12mm hex, just as Mustang guessed.