News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mag wheels brake pads

Started by benebob, March 28, 2015, 10:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benebob

I think I will need to replace the rear pads before my trip to Canada and looking back it seems the pads I loved on the 885i aren't available for the later 955i.  They were Galfers and were the perfect mix of bit, low dust and noise IMHO.  I have never liked EBCs for street pads, either too weak with the organics or too much dust with the semi-metal or you need to warm them up too much for the racier pads.  Was looking into Goldfrens as they are ceramic so dust should be minimal but don't know anything about them.  Anybody use em?  Oh and any idea what else crosses over to the later wheels?  I loved all the selection on the 885i and the idea that all 3 pads were the same.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

Sin_Tiger

The Armstrong Green pads are not bad, quite progressive and reasonable money.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

benebob

Yeah, they seem to be a little high shipping wise.  i can't believe there isn't much out there for the rear.  Seems to be common with the bonnie and 1st gen speed triple but nothing is really showing up.  I did find some front pads that look like they may work nicely out on ebay.  I never thought this would be so hard.  Now I'm concerned about long term ridability of the bike.  Does anyone even make a rear rotor for the bike now that Triumph no longer does?
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800