News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

any idea what this is?

Started by eurobykz, July 14, 2015, 07:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eurobykz

This landed plop on the floor of my garage as I was lying underneath tigger squinting, and wiggling the bike a bit to try to figure out how on earth I'm going to attach my belly pan (thanks again for the autocad files DaveB in UK). 

So this is an interesting looking little fitting.   Anyone have any idea what it is?    Now that I've taken the photos, it's impossible to see scale.  the threaded part of the shaft is about 10 mm.  The diameter of the knob is 16 mm.   It's clearly intended to be fastened by hand, judging by the serrated outer edge.   

I wonder if it's so important that I shouldn't take tigger to work tomorrow... 

Hopefully someone out there in Girly-tigger-cyber-space has an idea...
Ian Fleming
Saskatoon canada

2007 MotoGuzzi Breva V11 (Italian Mistress)
2004 Tigger 955i 
2014 KTM Duke690 (impulse purchase)

JayDub

I'm not familiar with your model but, it does look like some kind of adjuster like idle speed, suspension etc?  :icon_scratch:
... or a cooling system bleed screw from a 1988 Ford 1.6 Diesel even  :icon_mrgreen:

Sin_Tiger

There's only two things I can think of that might have anything that can user adjusted, suspension or carbs, since the latter is not in the frame and it does not look like a suspension fitting  :icon_scratch: might have been part of a tool like crimping pliers or a riviter that was being used in the vicinity.

It is entirely possible it's nothing to do with the bike. I had a piece of a kids action figure fall out of the engine space of a bike I had both worked on and ridden for 8k and I don't have kids. That one was a bit more obvious though.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

iansoady

That looks exactly like a coolant bleed screw.

But for a Land Rover Discovery Td5...............................
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Bixxer Bob

I've scoured the manual looking for clues because it looks worryingly familiar but I can't say why.  Nothing comes to mind and nothing I can see in the big book.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...