News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Valentino Rossi

Started by nickjtc, May 17, 2015, 04:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

At 36 is he passed it or is there a chance he might win this years MotoGP Championship?

Discuss.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

nickjtc

So as of today he has a 15 point lead in the championship. Will it last? What about the heir apparent Marquez?

Bixxer Bob

Yamaha have raised their game and can match the Honda for pace while being easier to ride when the tyre isn't working as happened yesterday.  Rossi's main threat at the moment is George although you can't count the Ducati out on faster circuits; boy that thing has some grunt out of the corners allowing Crazy Joe Yannone to fight with Marquez.

Speaking of which, Marquez and The Maniac Joe (as he's now called) gave us three or four laps of brilliant racing and our Bradley is showing he has some pace now he has the latest factory software and new forks.

The last three races have been highly entertaining, I think we're getting one of the best seasons for a long time.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Not having a TV (for the last 6 years; another story) I cannot watch the races in real time, so have to wait for updates. I admit to being a VR fan and have followed his career with interest. I was very surprised that he had a lacklustre two years with Ducati, but am glad to see him back on form.

Will he match or eclipse Agostini is the other question?

Nick Calne

Rossi is great. Best thing for the sport is him winning.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

John Stenhouse

Quote from: nickcalne on May 18, 2015, 11:36:41 PM
Rossi is a GOD. Best thing for the sport is him winning.

Fixed for it you Nick.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Nick Calne

Thanks John. :icon_salut:

Most of his rivals have...

made Motogp look like F1: Biaggi, Gibernau, Pedrosa (Pedrosa ...ffs!)

Or

Been great but too slow to be in the same league: Edwards, Bayliss, Simoncelli

Who really can hold a candle to Rossi then? Stoner? Marquez? Maybe...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: nickcalne on May 19, 2015, 11:01:18 PM
Who really can hold a candle to Rossi then? Stoner? Marquez? Maybe...

I think that depends on your definition of 'great'.

There is no question that many of the modern racers, including Marquez and Stoner, are very, very, good riders. Especially Stoner since he was able to tame the Ducati. BUT, imho, a 'great' rider is one who has shown consistency over many seasons of racing.

That would mean Rossi, of course, Agostini (although he didn't have much competition for most of his Grand Prix career), and Mike Hailwood.

nickjtc

I see he is still leading the championship....just. If it is close at the end I wonder if "team orders" would prevail??