News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ever had your tiger lie down and go to sleep on you?

Started by tomla, May 23, 2005, 03:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomla

I hit a pothole doing about 30mph and the kitty just died.  no power at the engine fuse #6 with the key on.  all other accessories work, except the odometer.  13v at the battery.  checked ALL the connectors and they're tight and not corroded.

the kill switch tests out fine.. bypassed the clutch switch and sidestand sw to take them out of the loop....this wass after doing about 40 miles on rough roads.  What do you think it is????

Speed3guy

If you have an efi, the tip-over switch may have been reset.  Pull the main fuse for a few seconds, replace it, and try starting.  On my '05 the main fuse is next to the battery box, not in the main fuse box.  On my '98 S3, it is in the main fuse box.

The next place I would look is at the main connector going to the ECU.

Good luck!

tomla

I hadn't thought of that either, but I did pull the battery out for a couple of hours...when I put it back in, still nothing, but I'm going to look at the tipover circuit now.  Thanks!

Can't offer any solution to your problem but I'd question whether there is a "tip over switch". When I crashed last year, the bike was still running on its side. I had to crawl to it and hit the kill switch to turn it off......and it hurt.....broken collar bone & 3 ribs. :shock:

Speed3guy

Maybe there's not a switch on the Tiger.  There was on my S3--I found out after seperating my shoulder and breaking my wrist.

G

Patrick

There definetly IS a tip-over switch in my 03 EFI Tiger. Been to an offroad training recently and when I dropped it (several times), it shut off as if I pushed the kill switch. I could restart it only after turning the ignition off and on again.

Have fun!

Patrick

NortonCharlie

tomla,

Glad you got it sorted out.  

Charlie
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando