News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front Brake Calipers

Started by Hagafan, January 08, 2016, 03:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagafan

Does anyone know if 955i Sprint callipers will fit my Steamer? I hate those 2 pot ones that move across. They are like my Goldwing ones.  :icon_study:

JoeDirt

Hello Hagafan,

I did some looking on the internet. The front suspension brake attachment points are very different. Take a look at the pics below.

Top picture is a 955i Tiger.
Bottom picture is a 955i Sprint.

I am not saying it is impossible. You might have to make an adapter plate or trade front forks (i.e. triple trees).

<UPDATE:> I miss read the original post. I thought you trying to place 955i Sprint  to 955i Tiger... Answer is the same being that 855i forks have similar brake attachments.

Sin_Tiger

It is possible to fit Girly calipers on the Steamer forks (Jaydub had them) but you will need adapter plates. It might also be possible to fit something like Pretec 6 pot calipers as they make those for the Bonnies etc. I did think about that route in an idle few hours but didn't follow through with the research.

What is it you don't like about them? A properly fettled set up will preform at least as well as most bikes this size and better than a few I could name  :augie or is it just the appearance that offends thine eye  :^_^
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 08, 2016, 06:24:42 PM
It is possible to fit Girly calipers on the Steamer forks (Jaydub had them) but you will need adapter plates.
Actually.... I think the callipers are steamer ones, its the discs which were Girly, and the wheel too, the adapter plates were needed as the discs are bigger.  I just reverted to steamer discs, binned the adapters and bolted the callipers to the original lugs. - at least thats how I remember it  :icon_scratch:

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint