News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Revs don't drop (again)

Started by GavD, March 30, 2016, 07:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavD

Quote from: threepot on April 05, 2016, 11:19:48 PM
I liked the XRX I rode recently. I think the XRT will be better on tarmac though,with the smaller front wheel?

I thought they both had the same 'road' wheels?

Did you ride the XCX TP?
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

threepot

XCA ?  Think the XC means 'cross country'? And the A..continent of origin..Asia?!! :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

GavD

I'm not sure one of those would suit you TP, the pillion seat doesn't look plush enough for Sin!! :mut

nickjtc

Gav, getting the thread back on track, let us know how the 'test ride' goes with all your fettling done...
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

GavD

:thumbsup
Will do Nick, just got keep my fingers crossed for some of that famous english sunshine :* :* :*

nickjtc

Quote from: GavD on April 06, 2016, 10:02:48 PM
:thumbsup
Will do Nick, just got keep my fingers crossed for some of that famous english sunshine :* :* :*

Pity you are not going to be hereabouts this weekend  :icon_wink::

http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-27_metric_e.html

GavD

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: GavD on April 06, 2016, 09:44:19 PM
I'm not sure one of those would suit you TP, the pillion seat doesn't look plush enough for Sin!! :mut

The pillion perch is comfy enough, I tried out Mat-Tigers  :icon_razz:

I know I'm such an old tart  :icon_redface:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

GavD

50 mile test ride today guys, all back to normal. What I have noticed is now that I have an airbox without cracks all over it, the bike doesn't want to start on full choke. Half choke and she fires up straight away and within 30 secs I can drop the choke right off. Chain needs a bit of tightening, but other than that, no issues. :wings

nickjtc

Result! Good for you. It's always nice then things work out.